Why buy Comfortex Shangri-La Sheer Shades rather than Hunter Douglas Silhouette?
As Silhouette is a proprietary product, it’s forbidden to sell it on the internet. That’s why many people are interested by a quality Silhouette alternative: the Shangri-La Sheer Shades. But what are the differences between these two window coverings ?
Like Hunter Douglas, Comfortex Window Fashions is a top manufacturer, even if not so well-known. Actually Comfortex now belongs to Hunter Douglas, so you know you can rely on a good warranty, by a solid brand. However, there are some differences between these products:
- Fabrics: Shangri-La offers four fabrics while there are eight fabrics for Silhouette, but both include a wide selection of neutrals or stronger hues
- Sheers: since 2011, sheers material are the same for both products: finer on the front, coarser on the back
- Vane Size: both are available in 3″ and 2″ size, while Silhouette also offers 4″ size
- Features: Shangri-La comes with the standard bottom up shade with vane rotation. Silhouette offers some additionnal features, but both products are available with a motorized lift. Finally, you can raise a Shangri-La up to 20% of the shades height when the vanes are in open, which is impossible with a Silhouette
- Pricing: Shangri-La is cheaper than Silhouette< (30-40%)
- Warranty: lifetime for both!
You can see there are not much differences between Comfortex Shangri-La Sheer Shades and the famous Silhouette! Actually, both products offer a style and quality unrivalled to any other window coverings. Since Shangri-La blinds & shades are cheaper, maybe it’s time to try out that excellent silhouette blinds alternative!